At Deep Creek Preschool we understand the early years of development is a special time in a child’s life; it is essential this time is supported by positive behaviours and role modelling, happiness, and care.
At Deep Creek Preschool, our highly trained and dedicated team of educators, in collaboration with our families and the Manningham community, are all committed to providing an engaging play-based program. Our program is guided by the National Quality Standards (NQS), Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF), and the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics.
- In providing nurturing, respectful and meaningful relationships with each child in a safe and secure environment.
- In forming a close partnership with families to foster the positive development of a child’s sense of identity and self-esteem.
- In creating a child led play-based program, reflecting on the planning cycle for each individual child, that is inclusive of each child’s interests, abilities and culture.
- In actively involving the child in their own play-based learning to build understanding and confidence to develop their sense of belonging and well-being.
- In child safety and a commitment to zero-tolerance to child risk or neglect. We empower the child to discuss and learn about different ways to stay safe.
- In embracing diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities for all our families.
- In positive and caring attitudes to both built and natural environments, with an understanding of how the child will be responsible and respectful of their surroundings.
- The voice of each child as an integral contributor to their own learning environment and experiences.
- Our warm and welcoming learning environment that offers support, happiness and enjoyment for all who attend our Preschool.
- The importance of showing acceptance of our multicultural communities and learning about diverse cultural practices through the celebration of customs including Aboriginal & Torres Straight Island cultures.
- Initiatives that support natural play experiences, and the reduction, reuse and recycling of materials within the program and the wider community.
- Experiences that are intentionally created to motivate children to move, explore, construct, experiment, and be social.
- The promotion and support of hygiene, healthy eating and physical activity within the program.
- The importance of ongoing professional development for our educators to enable growth, improvement and continual professional practice.
- The positive working relationship between our educators and families alongside the Committee of Management to ensure continuous improvement and to maintain a respectful Preschool culture.